We know that cost is the #1 factor in choosing flood insurance. But most people we talk to want great service from their insurance advisor, too.
Flood Insurance You Can Trust In
Did you know that your homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage? Insurance against flooding must be obtained separately. A flood insurance policy also reimburses you for the work that you and other family members did to sandbag your homes, move furniture and remove debris.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) maps are important when it comes to flood insurance because if they show that your home sits in a 100-year flood plain, you must buy federal NFIP insurance in order to get a mortgage. If you live outside a high-risk zone, or if you no longer have a mortgage, this insurance is optional, yet highly recommended.
We offer free, comparative quotes on flood insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.
Want to see how much we can save you? Just call and request a quote to find out.
Federal & Private Market Plans Available
Here are a few benefits offered by some of the private market flood companies that we do business with
- Coverage for the buildings up to $5,000,000- under the NFIP a maximum coverage of $250,000 is allowed
- Coverage for contents up to $2,500,000- Under the NFIP a maximum coverage of $100,000 is allowed
- Endorsement available to coverage personal property at replacement cost- NFIP only covers contents at actual cash value without option to endorse
- Loss of use coverage as high as $10,000- No coverage under the NFIP
- Reduced waiting periods- NFIP has mandatory 30 day waiting period unless required for a mortgage
- Optional endorsements to broaden coverage not offered by NFIP
- Payment plans available- NFIP requires that premiums are paid in one lump sum
- Private options do not include surcharges for non primary residences and businesses
- Pricing can be much more favorable that the NFIP
- Some carriers offer an option to lock your rate in for as long as 3 years, for an additional premium
These are just a few of the highlights from some of the private market flood companies we represent. We anticipate that many companies will be offering this product over the next few years. We are currently studying all the options available and deciding which companies would be a good fit for our clients. To discuss private market flood options, please call our office today at (484)509-1784.